Driver (1 position)
Reports to: Accountant
Job Summary: The driver will provide safe and reliable transportation of MDMS partners, staff and materials, keep the Organization vehicle/s in good mechanical and functional condition, ensures compliance with all vehicle-related legal and institutional /management requirements.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Providing safe, comfortable and reliable transportation for organization trainees/ trainers, staff and partners/visitors including but not confined to airport pick-ups, travel within and outside Masaka, and all other locations as may be required by authorized staff on organization business. The driver will ensure that safety belts are worn at all times, there is no smoking in the vehicle and that no alcohol is consumed before driving
- Transporting organization materials and supplies to various destinations as required by authorized staff for
- Delivering mail and materials as well as any other written or verbal communication to and from locations designated by authorized
- Keeping the Institute vehicle in good mechanical and functional condition including but not confined to regular fuelling, servicing and cleaning of the interior and
- Performing regular preventive maintenance and minor repairs where
- Notifying the Accountant of any major vehicle repairs necessary and to assist in arranging and overseeing/supervising such
- Ensuring that all required documentation for administrative use such as mileage, fuel usage and trip authorization tracking information is kept up to date at all times in the prescribed manner.
- Ensuring that all legal, organization and municipal requirements and dues are met in good time and/or regularly renewed e.g. Third party and Comprehensive Insurance, Parking Fees, Registration and Licenses
- Ensuring that all reasonable measures are taken to protect the Institute vehicle from theft or damage e.g. by ensuring that it has adequate security and accident features such as alarms and “bull horns”.
- Running general organization errands and assume other duties as assigned by the Project Administrator to ensure the sound functioning of the office and achievement of project goals
- AT LEAST A diploma in any field
- At least 5 years of proven accident free vehicle driving in Uganda
- A minimum of 2 valid Ugandan D/Permit
- Knowledge of Defensive driving and 4X4 operation
- Knowledge of current traffic rules and regulation
- Physical ability and willingness to drive for long hours and occasionally on weekends and/or holidays.
Submission of application:
Hand deliver your application letter together with relevant academic documents, photocopy of national ID, an updated CV indicating 3 recognized referees, their addresses and functioning telephone contacts. The deadline for the submission of the application is 6th November 2021
The Applications should be addressed to:
The Diocesan Health Coordinator Masaka Diocese
P.O. Box 14 Masaka-Uganda
Tel: +256 786 814912
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES SHALL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS