Denis Kyango Health Center IIIHealth Center III , Kalisizo Kyotera
St. Denis Kyango Health Center III is located in Kyotera District Kalisizo Sub – county Kyango Village 2kilometers from Kalisizo town along Ddimu road.
St. Denis Kyango was started in 1986 as a dispensary by the Late Rev. Fr. Denis Ddamulira on a private basis to enable the community access the basic health services. In 2002 it was registered as a Health centre III and later handed over to Masaka Diocese which is the current management body.
St. Denis Kyango Health Center III is private not for profit owned by Masaka Diocese under the supervision of Diocesan health coordinator in conjunction with Uganda catholic Medical Bureau.
The health unit severs 3920 people covering Jongoza, Kyango, Kakuza, Kikondo and Mitondo villages. It also extends its services to Kalisizo, Lwankoni, Kyesiiga, Kyanamukaka and Kirumba sub counties.
The health centre offers services as below;
- Outpatient services
- Inpatient services
- Laboratory services
- Maternity services
- Antenatal services
- Immunization services
- Natural family planning
- HIV counseling and testing
Brief history of the health unit
Since the health unit started in 1986, it has had several in charges from the late Dr Mukasa, then Dr. Wagumbulizi followed by several in charges who Departed few years after appointment due to poor administration and management of human resource. It is currently headed by Muwonge Innocent who was appointed in 2014 and is the Long lasting in charge.
Table 1: Accessibility.
The accessibility has been improving from 2014 after the new HUMC and In charge were appointed almost in every department as illustrated in the table below.
- A health and reconciled life for all individuals their families and communities
- In faithfulness to the mission of Christ, we provide professional and sustainable health services, through partnership to enable the population live their life to the full.
- To contribute to the provision of quality and sustainable health services to the community.
- God first
- Respect for human life
- Patient centered
- Transparency and accountability
- The Health unit currently has 8 staffs, 5 are clinical 1 is a cashier and 2 are support staff that work as a team headed by the in charge.
- They are namely;
- Muwonge Innocent – In charge
- Mugumya James – Clinical Officer
- Owashaba Hildah – Lab Assistant
- Bwegombe Irene – Midwife
- Nakayima Moureen – Clinical Officer
- Nalubega Justine – Cashier
- Bizimungu Joseph – Cleaner
- Kakooza Vincent – Guard
- Mulindwa James— C/Person
- Katabaazi Emmanuel —Administrator
- Lwesabula Paul—V/C.Person
- Nnalongo Katushabe –Member
- Muwonge Innocent– Secretary
- Nalubega Justine.–Member